THURSDAY, September 23rd at 7pm: Johnny Appleseed and Other Tales of American Folklore -- FINAL PRESENTATION AT WOI















Johnny Appleseed planted apple trees everywhere!
He was born John Chapman in 1774 in Leominster, Massachusetts. For 49 years he took on a personal mission: He helped people plant apple trees so they could eat apples. He made cider, jelly, and juice from the apples. The seeds grew into vast orchards of trees.


Join our Chief Storyteller, Shandon Loring, for this celebration of folklore - Presented live in voice.

Tonight is also our final presentation of the West of Ireland Library and Cultural Center. Our program is transplanting to Info Island International, and will open September 26th at the Seanchai Library.

The very first live story presentation at WOI was presented by Shandon over two and a half years ago. It is only fitting that our last one in this location should be as well. Indeed, Shandon will innaugurate stories in our new location, and you are cordially invited to join us on Sunday, September 26th for our Opening Celebration from 3pm to 5pm SLT.

Thank You West of Ireland for letting us plant our seeds, sprout, and grow with your generosity and with your support. We will not forget our roots!

Oh, the Lord's been good to me.
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need:
The sun, the rain and the appleseed;
Oh, the Lord's been good to me.

Oh, and every seed I sow
Will grow into a tree.
And someday there'll be apples there
For everyone in the world to share.
Oh, the Lord is good to me.

Oh, here I am 'neath the blue, blue sky
Doing as I please.
Singing with my feathered friends
Humming with the bees.

I wake up every day,
As happy as can be,
Because I know that with His care
My apple trees, they will still be there.
The Lord's been good to me.

No comments: