November 30 - December 30
Now in its sixth year, Seanchai Library presents THE DICKENS PROJECT to celebrate the work of one of the masters of 19th Century literature, whose humanistic voice continues to be a relevant one in our everyday culture.
This year's Project will once more be hosted on Linden Endowment for the Arts Region 7 featuring music, dance, and plenty of stories, plus some fun new things that we are excited to tell you more about.
CURRENT WEEK Schedule:
- Tuesday, December 4th at Noon: Russell Eponym, music - stories, poetry in Dickens Square
- Tuesday, December 4th at 6pm: VCARA Reads Storytelling Event "The Christmas Tree" at the CVL Resource Center
- Saturday, December 8th at 1pm: Idle Rogue Productions performs in Dickens Square (Seating begins at Noon, Post Show Dancing and Music at 2pm)
- Sunday, December 9th at 1:00pm: TEA TIME with Charles Dickens - selections from the author's canon
- Sunday, December 9th at 2:30-4:30pm: DJ Elrik Merlin
SCROLL to the calendar at the bottom of this page to preview upcoming events.
BRAND NEW this year at the Dickens Project :
URCHINS IN DICKENS' LONDON
You are invited you to participate in a new way: become an urchin in Dickens'
This year, you can even further immerse yourself in Dickens' timeless holiday ghost story. Miss the live story tours? You can enjoy sounds of the story anytime by grabbing a sound hud at the landing point, and enjoying selected sounds and text from the A Christmas Carol as you journey through Past, Present, and Yet to Come.
We're pleased to welcome our Community Partners to this year's Project. Look for their "shops." Find out what they contribute to our community life, and where, on the Second Life Grid:
The Community Virtual Library