TUESDAY, September 17th at 7pm: PEBBLES LIKE POEMS, LIKE JAZZ

Cale: "Have we done 'Pebbles' at Seanchai?"
Kt: "No. Wanna try an experiment?"
Cale: "Let's do it!"

They are beautiful little things, scattered along the beach. How to see inside a mountain? Look at a pebble. They come in many colors, shapes, sizes, textures. I started picking them up for a friend who is a painter, then for myself. I took close-up photographs of them to show detail. The macro lens sees better than my aging eyes.


The first new poem I wrote after a 20-year hiatus was "A Pebble." Pebbles have since been a part of many other poems. They are jazz notes on the beach, improvised by tide and current, each 12-hour peak a new arrangement. They inspire me: enduring beauty.
--Ktahdn Vesuvino  2019 September 15

"Pebbles like Poems like Jazz"
Original poems in a jazz milieu, with large-format slides as visual accompaniment (musical introduction starting about 20 minutes before) live on stream in The Glen.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Holly%20Kai%20Estates/221/56/2966

No comments: