The newest Seanchai special project celebrates the work of American author Ray Bradbury. It follows the path of eight boys on an adventure to save the life of their friend on Halloween Night. Guided by the mysterious Mr. Moundshroud, they travel through time and space, learning about different cultures, and how each views and deals with death.
Events and activities at The Bradbury Project include:
- "Where's Mr. Lurky?" (Find him - he's everywhere!)
- Nosferatu on TV in the Halloween Open House - Town Level
- Check out the Play Park
- Interactive Bradbury Library - Moundshroud's House
- Plenty of photo ops and things to explore (clickie!)
Readings of "The Halloween Tree" (presented in 3 Episodes)
- Tuesdays at 7pm slt - October 10, 17, and 24 with Shandon Loring, Faerie Maven-Pralou, and Kayden Oconnell
- Sundays at 1:30pm slt - October 15, 22, and 29 with David Abbot, Gloriana Maertens, and Caledonia Skytower
- Other Seanchai Library events may take place in The Project, and some additional readings from Bradbury may take place. Stay Tuned!
eClipse Club & Resort Presents at The Bradbury Project:
- Friday, October 20th from 7-9 pm slt - DJ Momma Hoi
- Saturday, October 21st from 7-9pm slt - DJ Iniry Vaher
- Sunday, October 22nd from 7-9pm slt - DJ Caledonia Skytower
- Thursday, October 26th from 9-11pm slt - DJ Tiger Pawz
- Monday, October 30th from 9-11pm slt - DJ JAdmiral Maelstrom
This project is built in two skyboxes that follow the path of the first third of the story "The Halloween Tree"
LEVEL 1: It begins in a neighborhood on the edge of Green Town, a fictional Midwest American town that is the scene for a great number of Ray Bradbury's works, including "Something Wicked This Way Comes," the collection "Dandelion Wine", and "The Halloween Tree."
LEVEL 2: Moundshroud's House - The Halloween Tree. The path picks up in the center of the ravine, approaching the home of Mr Moundshroud, with The Halloween Tree on the grounds, and a path to the Kite Barn, where the first third of the story concludes. Reference to places that the boys and Mr Moundshroud visit in their succeeding adventure are represented within Moundshroud's House in this Project.
The Bradbury Project uses the “Caledonian Studios” and “Quantum Products” experiences. Accept these to navigate and see the project as designed. We recommend that you set your draw distances to 125, and use shared environment.
As a fallback, you could set your viewer EEP to A-6PM or any other dusk-like EEP. It will not look as good as the EEP the build was created for, but it will suffice.
The Bradbury Project will remain open through November 16th.