|Crazy Eights on LEA 9
It has been a marvelous several month on LEA 9 and we are grateful for the many stories and people we have been able to connect through our Crazy Eights celebration. May is our last month, and we are not holding back with more adventures to share. See the schedule below.
"Crazy Eights" refers to the Library celebrating its eighth anniversary this year.
"After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world."
May at Crazy Eights (all events live in voice):
- Sundays (all month) at 1:30pm slt in the Baker Street Area - 221b Lounge: TEA TIME at Baker Street presents "The Return of Sherlock Holmes" with a different adventure every week.
- Wednesdays (all month) at 7pm slt in the Featured Book Area: Caledonia presents the final Features Book Series at Crazy Eights: Nine-year-old Ada has never left her one-room apartment. Her mother is too humiliated by Ada’s twisted foot to let her outside. So when her little brother Jamie is shipped out of London to escape the war, Ada doesn’t waste a minute—she sneaks out to join him. So begins a new adventure of Ada, and for Susan Smith, the woman who is forced to take the two kids in. "The War That Saved My Life" is one of this year's Newbery Honor Books, among other distinctions.
- Sunday, May 15th at 3pm slt at the Arena: The Final Storytellers' Sandbox features some voices and stories from around the grid. Crazy Eights is pleased to welcome the Cold Shot Players, and additional storytellers to this final session in the Arena.
- Saturday, May 21st at 1pm slt in the Crazy Eights Arena: THE BIG READ: "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland." A Seanchai "Big Read" is a presentation of an entire work of literature from beginning to end in one session - all the words, no adapting. A Tag team of readers present the story live in voice, reading in duets and trios. We begin and the beginning, and when we get to the end, we stop!
- Saturday, May 28th at 1pm - Story Forest Tour! A guided exploration of the Crazy Eights Story Forest with select stories shared live in voice. NOTE: Not all the story stations are the same as they were in February or April!
- Continuing through May in the Eastern Meadow, the photographic art of Bear Silvershade - His Lonely Man Project, as well as a gallery of images from Seanchai Library's past.
|Featured Book Series #4 - "The War That Saved My Life"
- The Featured Book Area (SW corner): a 360 degree environment exclusively featuring one book, to be presented "in series" per month.
- The Arena (NW corner): Will host a number of special events over the next four months, including monthly "Storytellers' Sandbox" sessions.
- Tea Time at Baker Street (NE corner): Will be the home base for Seanchai's popular Sunday afternoon series, which will begin presenting "The Return of Sherlock Holmes" between February and May.
- The Eastern Meadow: home to a story-based (or story-inspired) outdoor gallery space.
- The Storyteller's Workshop (a stone's throw from the Welcome Center): Will host workshops of vocal presentation and other storytelling related skills.
- Library Island (SE corner): Information/Resource Center on Seanchai Library
- The Story Forest (throughout central core): Meandering paths with 20 "story stations" to discover, featuring links to works or world folklore, tales, and classic literature.
Some features and details are planned to shift through out the four months of Seanchai's tenancy (stations in the Story Forest, resources at Baker Street, a new featured book series monthly), so visit and come back to see what's new.
Visit CRAZY EIGHTS at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA9/128/94/31
|THE BIG READ: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland on Saturday, May 21st